Open Position – Maintenance Technician
Metko Inc - New Holstein, WI
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Metko Inc. a progressive, high tech manufacturer that invests in top line equipment and embraces new technology. This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support Metko’s business goals and objectives. The main focus of this position is preventative maintenance.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations (such as Lockout/Tagout) and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position is directly to the Maintenance Manager
- This position requires a strong interface with a number of departments, mainly with the following:
- Production: Work with production on machine issues. Dialogue with production focusing on preventative measures. This may involve educating operators.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED INCLUDE:
- Exceptional technical capacity.
- Both mechanical and electrical education via experience and formal education.
- Strong ethical conduct.
- Proficient communication skills required to interface with company personnel and occasionally equipment manufacturers or suppliers.
- Solid accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Must have initiative and be results driven.
This position includes, but is not limited to the above items and
may be changed at any time.