New Holstein | WI
Shifts Available: 2nd
Utility / general / assembly
Metko, Inc., a local leader and family-owned business in the custom metal and tank fabrication industry is seeking to directly hire a full-time Production Worker to work in a Floater/Utility role for a 2nd shift opening in its New Holstein, WI, facility.
*** ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE A STABLE WORK HISTORY, POSSESS A PROVEN WORK ATTENDANCE RECORD, BE MECHANICALLY-INCLINED, AND HAVE GOOD PHYSICAL DEXTERITY. ***
2nd shift hours are from 2:30 PM to 10:30 PM Monday through Friday. Please note: the individual could temporarily potentially train on 1st shift (6:30 AM to 2:30 PM) until competency is demonstrated.
Starting pay will be commensurate with experience.
If hired, you will be working for a well-established, family-owned custom metal fabrication facility with a strong foothold in the industry that is experiencing continued and steady growth.
- Perform assembly-related duties and perform basic machinist tasks such as grinding, de-burring, drilling and tapping of metal components
- Learn to operate basic manufacturing machinery which could include: Punch Press and PEM Insertion machinery. There will be an initial training period to help the individual become competent in operating this type of machinery.
- Produce quality metal fabricated parts to print using allotted times and standards
- Use precision measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, tape measures) for quality assurance of parts
- Follow instructions on work orders
- Keep work area neat and organized
- Complete documentation as required
- 1+ year of any type of Machine Operator experience and 1+ year of any type of assembly or fabrication-related experience is preferred
- Ability to read basic manufacturing blueprints/schematics or have the ability to learn how to read manufacturing blueprints/schematics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Reliable, self-motivated, team-oriented, and excellent communication skills
- Proven safety and quality record
- Detail-oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use of measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, tape measures) and blueprint drawings
- Mechanically-inclined and production-oriented
- Strong problem-solving skills