New Holstein | WI
Shifts Available: 2nd & 3rd
Metko, Inc., a local leader and family-owned business in the custom metal fabrication industry is seeking to directly hire a full-time Welder for a 2nd and 3rd shift opening in its New Holstein, WI, facility.
*** PLEASE NOTE: FOR THIS OPENING, WE ONLY SEEK INDIVIDUALS HAVING CURRENT PROFICIENCY IN MIG AND/OR TIG WELDING PRINCIPLES. ***
2nd shift hours are from 2:30 PM to 10:30 PM Monday through Friday. 3rd shift hours are from 10:30 PM to 6:30 AM starting Sunday evening and ending Friday morning. Training for this position may take place on 1st shift or a blend of 1st & 2nd shift hours before converting to 2nd or 3rd shift.
Although we have a desired starting pay rate range, we will consider individuals with all levels of welding experience. Starting pay will be commensurate with experience.
Our client is also a local industry leader in the custom metal fabrication industry that continues to experience sustained growth.
The individual will (but not limited to):
- Follow all safety procedures
- Conduct MIG and/or TIG welding activities on multiple types of surfaces including mild steel, stainless steel and/or aluminum components
- When required, read and interpret blueprints to specifically determine weld requirements
- Set up and operate welding equipment
- Produce quality metal-fabricated parts
- Follow instructions on work orders and blueprints
- Keep work area neat and organized
- Complete accurate documentation as required
- Proven welding skills – prefer 1 to 2+ years of current MIG and/or TIG welding experience on multiple type of surfaces (mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum). Successful completion of a welding curriculum from an accredited technical college would be considered a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Reliable, self-motivated, team-oriented, adept communication skills
- Proven safety and quality record
- Detail-oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use measuring devices and drawings
- Strong inclination for production welding
- Ability to read blueprints or the ability to learn to read blueprints containing common weld symbols and weld specifications is desired