New Holstein | WI
Shifts Available: 3rd
Metko, Inc., a local leader and family-owned business in the custom metal fabrication industry is seeking to directly hire a full-time Maintenance Technician for a 3rd shift opening in its New Holstein, WI, facility.
*** PLEASE NOTE: 3rd shift hours are from 10 PM to 6 AM Sunday evening through Friday morning. Once hired, the individual can expect 1 to 2 weeks of temporary training on 1st shift (6:30 AM to 2:30 PM Monday through Friday) and/or some additional temporary training on 2nd shift (2:30 PM to 10:30 PM Monday through Friday). ***
Candidates should have some type of prior Industrial Maintenance experience as well as having electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic aptitude/experience in order to be considered.
Although there is a preferred starting pay range for this position, all pay rates will be considered as long as they are commensurate with experience.
The position is responsible for performing diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain CNC manufacturing machines in a production setting as well as all facility equipment according to safety standards. In addition, this individual will be performing maintenance on the actual facility on an as-needed basis. The focus of this position requires the individual to perform (but not be limited to) the following:
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on manufacturing machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to – mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform a variety of facilities maintenance functions including, but not limited to – basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, and/or handyman functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations (such as lockout/tag out) and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Previous industrial maintenance experience is highly desired.
- Previous facilities maintenance experience is also highly desired.
- Strong technical capacity (with an aptitude for computers since most machines are computer numeric controlled (CNC)).
- Strong mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge through on-the-job experience and/or formal education.
- Strong ethical conduct.
- Proficient communication skills are required to interface with company personnel and occasionally equipment manufacturers or suppliers.
- Solid accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Must have initiative and be results-driven.